[Asterisk-Users] An interesting call path observation..

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Nov 26 03:45:22 MST 2003

Asterisk wrote:

>Hello Asterisk-ers,
>
>Thanks to WipeOut! you've kinda answered something I wondered about.
>I've been looking for a post like yours for the last 3 hours (I didn't
>want to get told off for not looking first)!
>
>I don't have enough Asterisk boxes (yet) to test this scenario.
>
>If had 3 Asterisk boxes, A1, A2 and A3.
>
>A call comes in on ZAP/1-1 on A1 which sends the call via IAX to SIP/U2
>on A2 who then decides that the caller needs to speak to SIP/U3 on A3.
>
>(You follow me so far?)
>
>If SIP/U2 transferred the call to an extension that made use of the
>"switch statement"... What would the call path be?
>
>Would the call traffic go from A1 in A2 back out of A2 to A3?
>
>...or would it be "switched" and go directly from A1 to A3?

As with my testing the theory is that it will bridge the call directly
but in reality it does not seem to, I haven't tested this recently and
there have been many changes to the CVS since then so maybe it will work
now..

At the end of the day the only way to be sure is to set it up and give
it a try then you will know for sure.. and be able to tell us.. :)

later..