[Asterisk-Users] Echo cancellation

Emanuele Pucciarelli ep at acm.org
Tue Nov 25 14:57:24 MST 2003

Il mar, 2003-11-25 alle 14:28, Peter Zeltins ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I'm interested. I'm running chan_capi 0.3.0 with Fritz PCI ISDN card. Using
> DIAX as softphone and dialing out to PSTN generally results in good sound
> quality at softphone end (no echo), but PSTN end experiences quite a bit of
> echo. I have enabled echosquelch in capi.conf, but it does not seem to help

Then my idea is not your solution, nor is echosquelch, I guess.  Yes, it
would be possible to kludge chan_capi to alleviate your problem; no, I
do not think it would be the right solution.  If the far end hears echo,
it's coming from the near end, that is from your softphone.  You could
try to use something else to confirm that (a hardphone?).  I suggest
that you play with the mixer settings on your own machine, because it's
your sound card that's recording the far end's voice!

Bye,

--
Emanuele