[Asterisk-Users] AGI Rocks!! (A happy camper)

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Tue Nov 25 12:54:35 MST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "WipeOut" <wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 2:14 PM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] AGI Rocks!! (A happy camper)

> A note to all those who are avoiding writing up an AGI becasue it looks
> two complicated..
>
> I have just written up my first and its awesome.. It makes Asterisk open
> to all sorts of possibilities.. let your imagination run wild..
>
> I put off writing an AGI script because a) I could not find any docs b)
> it looked like the only way to do it was perl and I know nothing about
> perl and c) I am not a coder, more a simple sysadmin..
>
> Eventually I decided to give it a try, and seeing as the language I know
> the best is PHP I decided to do my script in PHP.. The truth of the
> matter is that once you have worked out how to get your variables from
> Asterisk into a usable array or whatever you are happy using the rest is
> a piece of cake..
>
> It goes without saying that what I have done is stupidly simple but for
> a non coder its still a giant achivement..
>
> So all I can say is thanks to the Mark and the team for dreaming up
> AGI... To those who are putting off giving it a go, don't!!.. Dive in
> and give it a try..

I believe I read Mark or someone say many of the builtin apps would
become AGI scripts in the future.

Given how many people cry over the voicemail layout, I've been thinking
about writing an AGI script for voicemail. PHP would be my first choice,
unless I can find my perl book.

Maybe I will go hack something out...

Has anyone already started work on a to be released script like this?

-----
Andrew Thompson