[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Call Manager for Windows 0.0.1 (Alpha)

Steven Sokol ssokol at sokol-associates.com
Tue Nov 25 12:24:46 MST 2003

Billy,

Thanks for the observations.  The caller ID on outbound is unfortunately
part of the way the Manager interface does outbound calling.  Since it
establishes a call from Asterisk to YOU, then establishes another call
from Asterisk to CALLED PARTY then bridges YOU and CALLED PARTY, you are
not actually the "caller" in the call to VM.

The Hold issue is also one I have yet to find my way around.  The
manager interface doesn't have a "Hold" method (yet).  I may very well
hack one into the manager code so that you can Hold and Reconnect calls,
(plus know when your call has been held/reconnected).

Another solution to this for SIP is to use the REFER methods to direct
the UA (in your case the GS Budgetone).  I don't know which UAs support
this.  Considering the limits of the GS phone, I doubt it would.

I am working on a new version of Call Manager and I will have it ready
sometime after the Thanksgiving holiday.

Thanks,

Steve