[Asterisk-Users] Can you monitor a call via the asterisk speaker system and do a call pickup if you wish

marrandy marrandy at chaossolutions.org
Tue Nov 25 08:47:55 MST 2003

On Friday 21 November 2003 12:36 pm, marrandy wrote:
> Reason.
>
> I have a fax/ans phone with handset, that lets you monitor the caller, so if
> you wish, you can pickup the call.
>
> The asterisk is undergoing testing, it will then be online tested at the
house
> so I can get more familiar in setting components up, e.g. sip phones,
> voicemail, transfers etc.
>
> But, I really need the monitoring of the Voicemall being left, with the
> ability to pick up the call, otherwise, someone is going to be unhappy.
>
> If this functionality isn't available.  Can it be added as a request to the
> developers.
>
> Regards...martin

Well no reply yet, so I've been further searching on the assumption that this
is so obvious, I should have found the answer myself.

Despite some interesting related threads, I'm still none the wiser.

Surely, there is an option to monitor the Voicemail either at the the console
via the speakers and pick it up.

It would also be handy to monitor at the extension (speakerphone) and pickup
by punching in a code, or just picking up the extension.. For example, you
may be busy doing something else, decide to let VM handle a call, but on
hearing who the message is from, or, what the subject is about, decide you
want to deal with it immediately.
Often, if it's out of area ie. no callerID.

Any feedback appreciated.

Regards...Martin
--
aphorism, n.: