[Asterisk-Users] New DIAX - version 0.9.4 - a big step forward - available for download

Steven Sokol ssokol at sokol-associates.com
Mon Nov 24 16:46:01 MST 2003

Dan,

I have been working with the new version and have discovered a strange
issue.  When I place a call from a DIAX phone, all seems to generally
work properly.  However, calls placed from either of my SIP agents
(Grandstream 101 hardphone and X-PRO softphone) or from the PSTN via
X100P often fail to connect.

This is especially true if DIAX has previously received a call, and that
call has been disconnected from the remote end.

I have watched the Gastman (graphical asterisk manager) application, and
my own Call Manager application and both indicate that the system _is_
ringing the DIAX channel.  The DIAX just never rings, or changes to a
state where the user can answer the incoming call.

A few experiments:

I.
When the DIAX hangs up the call (is the _first_ party to hang up) the
call is terminated cleanly in all tests.  When the remote party (the GS
or XTEN) breaks the connection, the GS does not always drop the
connection immediately (though the Manager shows the call being torn
down and both parties dropping out).  When this occurs the DIAX will not
ring another incoming call -- it requires a restart first.

II.
This does not always happen.  Sometimes the DIAX will stop responding
even if it properly hangs up.  Also, sometimes it takes several calls
before DIAX stops responding.

III.
Even if DIAX has stopped responding to incoming calls, it is still
capable of making outbound calls, apparently without any problem.

IV.
Even when DIAX doesn't immediately detect the handup (or respond to the
hangup event) and it is manually hung up after the call is torn down, it
is _sometimes_ still capable of receiving incoming calls.

Could this have something to do with my configuration?  For what it's
worth, I don't see any errors in the Asterisk log.

Thanks

Steve