[Asterisk-Users] Ring power on Analog adapters

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Nov 24 14:19:26 MST 2003

> Do these analog -> SIP VOIP adapters truely supply the 24V that a POTS
> line
 supplies?

Strictly speaking, the telephone line isn't 24V.

it's a 20mA DC current loop, with a ~80-110VAC ring signal.

> Anybody have any ideas why this fax machine won't work with any analog
> adapter I've tried?

It's got an exceptionally high REN?  If you want, you can try uncommenting
KFLAGS+=-DBOOST_RINGER in the zaptel Makefile if you've got a TDM400P
card...  other than that I don't know what else to tell you.

Regards,
Andrew