[Asterisk-Users] Picking an open channel (FXO port) for outbound calls

Adams, Gavin gadams at promisant.com
Mon Nov 24 11:23:40 MST 2003

Tony,

In the [channels] section of Zapata.conf, create a group => 1 (or some
value), followed by the two FXO port definitions. Now change the Dial
string to Zap/g1 (where g1 is group 1, etc). A small 'g' will grab the
first available port and work upwards (i.e., Zap/1 the Zap/2, etc.).
While a capital G will do the same, but from highest defined port to
lowest.

Definitely in the wiki and Digium docs. :)

Regards,

--- Gavin