[Asterisk-Users] callerid problem...zaptel ppl

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Sun Nov 23 10:43:37 MST 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-23 at 08:52, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> > i am having callerid problems with *. i have the
> > callerid from my telco and it shows up in my normal
> > phone when i connect it directly to the line but if i
> > connect the same phone thru * server the callerid is
> > not shown. i am using X101p and tdm400p. i have
> > everything defined in my zapata.conf well and fine. i
> > finally came to conclusion that this might have
> > happened due to the registration of country with
> > zaptel in the zaptel.conf. i am in nepal. if anyone
> > could help, that would be great.
>
> I have a friend with two phone lines (Bell Canada) -- both with CID, both
> plugged in to their own X101P card.  One line gets CID just fine, the other
> has problems (1 in 6 calls have CID come through for *).  A regular old
> phone in either picks up CID every time.
>
> Swap the lines so that they're going into the other X101P; problem stays
> with line.  Change cabling up to demarc, no change in problem.
>
> The only thing I can come up with is that the FSK softmodem in * is a little
> too strict, and the one line is a little too loose.  :-)

If the problem stays with the line, have you noticed any other
differences with the line?

Just guessing here, hopefully this will give you ideas to move forward
on. There is a zapmonitor app that comes with the zapata library, it
dumps the raw audio from the line to the soundcard. Try using it to
verify if the callerid spill happens where the library is expecting it
too every time. I think on my mothers Bellsouth line her callerid
sometimes doesn't get sent till into the 3rd ring. This would possibly
cause problems as I think asterisk is set to start extension processing
after the 2nd ring. So if this is the problem, you may be able to alter
asterisk to wait for callerid spill.

Hope this helps.