[Asterisk-Users] Is Asterisk suitable for this use?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sun Nov 23 07:57:58 MST 2003

> Do you really want all those spans going down cause someone tripped over

 a power cable or your hard drive nukes itself?

You usually don't worry about either of those problems when you've got
redundant power supplies and drives in the rackmount system in a locked
room.

> We only use 2 TE410Ps in our systems and many servers.  This way you
> spread out the load and achieve redundancy at the same time.

What do you use for servers?  What's the load like?  I wasn't aware that PCI
could handle 8 full PRIs of traffic.  What codecs are you using?

Regards,
Andrew