[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Call Manager for Windows 0.0.1 (Alpha)

Nick Bachmann asterisk at not-real.org
Sat Nov 22 19:14:58 MST 2003

Steven Sokol wrote:

>I have looked at creating a "Console" version of the application.  It
>would be very much like a DSS ("Direct Station Selector" for the
>non-AT&T/Avaya initiated).  It would support either click-to-transfer or
>drag-and-drop transfer of incoming calls.

Excellent!  This is one feature we really need!  The way I thought about
doing this would be to stick the console as an icon in the System Tray
(where the volume control, et. al. is) and have it pop up a window
(similar to Gnome's calender/date applet) whenever a call comes in that
must be brought to the person's attention.  For example, if Bob's
secretary wasn't answering her phone (or had marked herself as away),
the console would pop up for all the other secretaries with the incoming
call.  Since they'd know the extension, it would be transparent to the
caller that it was really Jane's secretary answering.

>>May I suggest you use something like HBasic -- it's like Visual Basic,
>>but can be used on Windows and Linux.
>>

>HBasic?  Cool.  I have had somebody else suggest wxWindows as a method
>of building the GUI.  Do the two play nicely together?

Well, HBasic uses Qt for its GUI and wxWindows is a GUI library for
C/C++ (and Perl, and...) similar to Qt.  So basically, they're apples
and oranges.