[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Call Manager for Windows 0.0.1 (Alpha)

DUSTIN WILDES dwildes at pabbankshares.com
Fri Nov 21 13:56:53 MST 2003

I think this is a great addition!!!
Thanks for the app!

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Sokol [mailto:ssokol at sokol-associates.com]
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 3:32 PM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Call Manager for Windows 0.0.1
(Alpha)

If anybody is interested, I have an early version of my Call Manager for
Windows application integrated with Asterisk.  CMW is an application bar
(like the task-bar) that docks to the top of your desktop window.  It
provides the following functions:

1.  View Call-Related Information (Caller ID, Call State, Call
Direction)
2.  Monitor Status of Asterisk Stations (Channels) -- BLF or "Busy Lamp
Field"
3.  Place outbound calls.
4.  Record (monitor), transfer, or drop connected, active calls.
5.  Speed-dial "inside" and "outside" numbers.
6.  Remote access to Asterisk CLI functions (show channels, reload,
etc.)
7.  AstManager COM component (can be used to add Ast functionality to
other apps).

Here are four screenshots with various features in use:

Basic Screen:
http://www.sokol-associates.com/images/AstMgr.jpg
With Command Window:
http://www.sokol-associates.com/images/AstMgr2.jpg
With Settings Window:
http://www.sokol-associates.com/images/AstMgr3.jpg
With Monitor Config:
http://www.sokol-associates.com/images/AstMgr4.jpg
With Debug Window:
http://www.sokol-associates.com/images/AstMgr5.jpg

I kind of think of it as a "SoftPhone-Lite" application.  It works as a
soft-phone enhancement or add-on to your VoIP hard-phone.  It is
currently buggy and rather feature-poor.  I hope to add lots of
additional features.  These will include:

1. Redial
2. Voicemail Box Monitoring
3. Enhanced Conferencing
4. Outlook/Act/Goldmine Integration (PIM stuff)
5. Call History (both inbound and outbound)
6. Redirect Option on Ring (VM, Application, Transfer, etc.)
7. Automatic mixing and delivery of monitored (recorded) files.

I also plan on adding a DDE and COM extension so that it can easily act
as a "CTI Client" to execute screen-pops.  I may even throw in a
scripting function that allows scripts to be executed on each incoming
call.

A copy of the source code (let's call this LGPL for now) is available
here:
	http://www.sokol-associates.com/Downloads/AstMgr.zip

It's written in VB6 (yes - barf, gag, whatever).  The only thing
required beyond the integral VB6 controls is the Windows Scripting
Runtime which most PCs should have.  I will work on an installable
version soon.  I may also port it to something more cross-platform.
Please bear with me as I am just learning Gnome/GTK/X-windows.

Please let me know what you think of the idea.  Constructive criticism
only please.  I am fully aware that Windoze sucks, VB sucks, Bill Gates
sucks, etc.  I don't need to be called a "script kiddie" by anyone.
(And FWIW: Asterisk will go much further by playing nicely with the evil
but predominant operating system out there.)

Thanks,

Steve

P.S. Note:  the Monitor editing dialog is not working yet.  I shows the
devices/users but does not actually edit the file.  The file
(Monitor.conf) is stored in the root directory for the application and
can be edited using notepad or whatever.  The format is pretty
self-explanatory.  Obviously the PSTN and APP technologies can't be
monitored.

Regs,

SMS