[Asterisk-Users] SIP URIs and ENUM or other types of lookup

asterisk at lists.styx.org asterisk at lists.styx.org
Sat Nov 22 12:28:19 MST 2003

On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 11:28:34AM +0100, Olle E. Johansson wrote:

> Quoting myself:
> No one really mails user at mailserver any more. We're mailing user at domain and
> the DNS MX records helps the mail client to send the mail to the correct
> mail server. Why should we call user at sip-proxy instead of using user at domain?

Sure, no question. But that wasn't really the point.

The problem was, how, in extensions.conf to deal with Dial strings
of the form IAX/iaxpeer/number and Zap/n/number and SIP/number at proxy
in a consistent way -- i.e. ${FOO}/${EXTEN} does not work with SIP
so you would have to special-case any Dial strings that want to use
this form...

Another example: first priority, try to dial out the PSTN, second
priority, dial some SIP gateway:

PRIMARY=Zap/0
BACKUP=SIP/someproxy

exten => _.,1,ChanIsAvail(${PRIMARY}&${BACKUP})
exten => _.,2,Dial(${AVAILCHAN}/${EXTEN})

it would be nice if this sort of thing were possible to do this...

-w