[Asterisk-Users] Opteron - Kernel optimizations

zoa zoachien at securax.org
Sat Nov 22 04:11:34 MST 2003

I am considering buying a Quad Opteron for asterisk,

However i'd like not to buy one and see that it aint working ;)

-> would asterisk compile for opteron ?
-> would ilbc compile for opteron ?
-> would the g729 license work on opteron ?
-> would zaptel compile and run ? (TE410p)

And if not, would it demand a lot of work to get it running ?

Would using 64 bit actually be faster for decoding encoding ? (i mainly use
iLBC, googled around but found nothing on x64 optimizations)

Any one with hands on experience on Asterisk vs Opteron ?

Did anyone so far bother to compile asterisk on the intel c compiler ? Any
speed gains ?

I'm also very interested in anything that could give me a speed gain,
compiler settings, kernel tweaking, etc etc... let me know :)

zoa.