[Asterisk-Users] Tuning the Linux kernel?

Adam Hart adam at teragen.com.au
Thu Nov 20 17:49:36 MST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Stingel" <scott at evtmedia.com>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 10:48 AM

>Ok thanks.  Following up on your suggestion to remove unnecessary asterisk
>modules, are there any that come to mind that consume CPU horsepower when
not in use?

>Or is it just a memory issue?
>
>My scenario (for my current customers anyway) is the opposite of yours -
I'm doing IVR only!

I doubt this will yield a noticeable result, even if you don't have enough
memory, unused modules would be put in swap. But for the sake of cleanness,
it would be good idea. The similar attaction of gentoo. Any modules which
open sockets (eg sip if you ain't using sip) or use large libraries (*cough*
openh323) would be a good start.