[Asterisk-Users] Tuning the Linux kernel?

TeleSIP ricvil at telesip.net
Thu Nov 20 16:42:15 MST 2003

> Another trick to look into is cutting down of the asterisk modules that
> are loaded. Our newly deployed asterisk machine is not going to do any
> IVR, and is only going to do IAX2 traffic. Because of this I was able to
> trim down a lot of the modules being loaded by asterisk and decrease
> it's memory footprint.
I agree.  I have been trying to trim down the number of modules that get
loaded on our machines.  But there are many modules which I have no idea
what they do.  It would be great if somebody with the knowledge documents on
the Wiki FAQ at least a one-liner explanation of the module to let us know
if we need to load it or not for what we want to run.

For example:  pbx_spool.so  => load it if you want to do this or that...