Asterisk Lists (was Re: [Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Business discussion again)

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Nov 20 14:06:39 MST 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 12:48, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> > Looking at the current traffice on -users it might make more sense to
> > create
> > - asterisk-zaptel
> > - asterisk-sip
> > - asterisk-iax
> > and leave whatever remains to asterisk-users.
>
> I'd disagree with this -- You'd have a lot of crossposting because people
> won't know where the problem lies...  i.e. a zap&sip crosspost when really
> the problem's the damn phone itself or a networking issue.

While I think the cross posting would be a pain, loosing the SIP traffic
to me would be great. Not that I don't want to deal with those users,
just I have no expertise to lend them, nor an interest to get it. That
and the MGCP questions are the ones I rarely ever read. IAX and Zaptel
are my main focus and I'm starting to be interested in the skinny driver
too.

Of course as has been discussed, as the documentation is improved upon,
and we have a simple URL(Wiki, digium site, whatever) to push to users,
I think some of the traffic will die down.