Asterisk Lists (was Re: [Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Business discussion again)

Robert G. Werner rwerner at brandxnet.com
Thu Nov 20 10:46:17 MST 2003

The problem with -newbies (or even some PC name for it) is that people
won't use it.

Rarely do people self select themselves as more ignorant than they
really are.  I'm afraid the "noob" problem just can't be resolved with
any structural changes.

Personally,  I don't try to read the whole output of any list.  I look
for subjects that are interesting and then liberally use the delete
all option of my mail reader.

I don't have any good suggestions for other lists/names,  though so
... I guess ignore this.

--
Robert G. Werner
rwerner at brandxnet.com
x5204,	ICQ #311363925

Correspondence Corollary:
	An experiment may be considered a success if no more than half
	your data must be discarded to obtain correspondence with your theory.

Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Fresno CA,  Mark Spencer, spoke these words:

[snip]
> So far it seems like the proposed candidates for new lists are:
>
> asterisk-newbies (perhaps a better word?)
> asterisk-nontech
> asterisk-biz

[snip]