Asterisk Lists (was Re: [Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Business discussion again)

Sean P. Robertson spr at netxusa.com
Thu Nov 20 13:53:12 MST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andy Hester" <cgadmin at conserogroup.com>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2003 1:06 PM
Subject: RE: Asterisk Lists (was Re: [Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Business
discussion again)

> I agree, seperate digium list is best.  Mainly because it will help build
> business for consultants who could produce growth for Digium.

Exactly, The lead developer of this project, Digium, is trying to build a
business around this project. Every time someone runs off a Newbie (for
whatever reason), they are running off a potential Digium customer. This
hurts Digium and, therefore, hurts Asterisk.

I am not an Asterisk expert by any means, but I can install and configure
the Digium/Asterisk boards and software and can answer a lot of the
questions that come through on the users list.  I will be happy to sign up
for whatever "tenderfoot" type list that is created and help guide that
effort.

Sean