[Asterisk-Users] FAQ, Documentation, How-to, etc

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Nov 20 12:47:15 MST 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 10:26, Andy Hester wrote:
> Other wise many will not even see it much less take the time to read it.  I
> believe Critch suggested something like this in a thread a few days ago. ie
> you can only post after you've read the instructions or something.
>
> Snip
>
> With the exception of I don't know how hard it is to setup, I wouldn't
> mind this going to a semi moderated group. RO access requires little
> intervention. Basically it is the default. Posting requires a quick read
> of the FAQ with a quick push through a small and to the point netiquete
> page, and then maybe a 2 or 3 question pop quiz afterwords. After that,
> release the posting restriction. It is fairly minimalistic, and
> shouldn't get too in the way of users who want to lurk and read first.
>
> Snip
>

> 	We as a community have made great strides from even a few months backas far
> as docs goes, I think we just need to make sure it gets out there and then
> if people still ask questions without research, we can turn Critch loose on
> 'em. ;)

I really don't want to be the attack dog. I've pointed out that I am
doing my best to relieve my aggression before coming online to answer
messages. My metalworking is coming along very nicely. Just beware when
my metalworking starts turning to weapons instead of artwork and
furniture. I should be starting my car shortly enough. Then beware of
the 500cid sportscar with the cow catcher on the front.