Asterisk Lists (was Re: [Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Business discussion again)

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 20 11:38:24 MST 2003

As soon as you have more then one list people will ask
What list do I post this to.  Many will cross post.

One idea is to make up a small example set of questions that
should go to each list.  You might also name the lists
after the questions that are alowed in each.  Such as

-configuration  (how do I make get XXX to work?)
-bugs           (Is this a bug? is there a workaround?)
-biz            (Who can sell be a XXX?  What to charge my client...)
-dev            (coders ask coders questions)
-general        (topics not covered by the above.

The why to test if the above is reasonable is to look at a weeks
worth of posts and see if each post would go into one of the above.
If this catagorization is hard to do that the "list of lists"
I proposed is not right.

Some problems with the below:  Who would post to a "newbies" list?
Why would anyone want to ask other newbies a question?

WHat is non-tech and how is this different fore "biz".

The idea about putting documentation references on the download
page is good.  You might even force them to read it by having
some kind of "click through"

One other place is in a Makefile.  Have it print a message
like "Asterisk is built. Please see XXX for information of
configuration."

=====
Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com