[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel DAX?

Johnson, Randy rjohnson at Spang.com
Thu Nov 20 10:32:48 MST 2003

I could swear that I remember seeing some announcement somewhere that Zaptel
now supported drop-and-insert across spans on a TE410P, but now I can't find
it.  Am I imagining this?  We just got our TE410 up and running, and if we
could cross-connect digital channels with it, I think we'd buy another one
for the remote end (instead of using the T100P we have).

Searching Google ("zaptel dax", "asterisk cross connect", "zaptel drop
insert", etc.) found some 2002-era messages from Mark, explaining the ease
which which DAX could be implemented.  At various times, he offered to do it
for purchasing "a couple of T400P boards" (April 17, 2002:
http://www.marko.net/asterisk/archives/0204/0187.html), and then later for
$3000 or 10 T400Ps (April 25, 2002:
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2002-April/002249.html).

Did this ever get done?  Was the work released into GPL (CVS) Asterisk?
There's no reference in zaptel.conf and grepping for dax in the src/zaptel
directory comes up empty, so probably not.  If that's the case, what's the
price tag this week?

Thanks,
Randy