[Asterisk-Users] VOIP --> PSTN via. voicemodem/soundcard.

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Nov 20 07:28:13 MST 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 06:55, WipeOut wrote:
> Hans-Henrik Andresen wrote:

> >>The same way you recieve videos through your fax machine.. :)
> >>
> >HMM. greate sarcasm.
> >
> >I had read about a driver for asterisk for voicemodems, that why i'm asking.
> >
> >So if anyone had tried this, or can help hith link to documentations I
> >will be happy.
> >
> It will cost you far less in terms of time and effort and stress to buy
> an X100P from Digium.. This way you know it will work, and you will also
> be supporting Digium.. :)
>
> If you are desperate to try a voice modem I am sure there are many posts
> in the mailing list archives..

Actually the only messages of recent time will be either of the first
kind(sarcasm) or the last kind(buy X100P). The older messages will be
next to useless.

Basically if you want to use a voicemodem, be prepared to do your own
coding. You could ask channel questions on the -dev list, but I don't
think you will find much help with the modem part.