[Asterisk-Users] FAQ, Documentation, How-to, etc

Walker Haddock whaddock at datacrest.com
Thu Nov 20 07:26:43 MST 2003

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 11:22:01PM -0800, Andrew Nelson wrote:
> As a newcommer I can say that saying things like "Check the archive" and
> whatnot do not help at all when your first exposure to the subject thread is
> someone saying "It's already been answered, check the archive" and that
> message is 6 months old!  Worst of all there are no hints on searching for
> this information.  You know in such situations it's helpful to say something
> like this instead, "Ya this topic was discussed a few months ago and the
> outcome was XYZ and So and So started the thread, or the thread title was
> BLA"  Now reading something like that in the archive does wonders towards
> directing further research!
>
> I also think a simple Telco <-> Computer Networking translation guide might
> help some people with the new language of telco.
Here's one link I found with lots of VoIP telephony details:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk701/tech_protocol_family_home.html

--
********   DataCrest, Inc. -- Technically Superior   ******************
Walker Haddock                       http://www.datacrest.com
DataCrest, Inc.                    e-mail:  wh at datacrest.com
1634A Montgomery Hwy.    phone:  1-888-941-3282, 1-205-335-8589
Birmingham, AL 35216                  fax:  1-205-823-7838