[Asterisk-Users] FAQ, Documentation, How-to, etc

Andrew Nelson nelsonab at pobox.com
Thu Nov 20 00:22:01 MST 2003

As a newcommer I can say that saying things like "Check the archive" and
whatnot do not help at all when your first exposure to the subject thread is
someone saying "It's already been answered, check the archive" and that
message is 6 months old!  Worst of all there are no hints on searching for
this information.  You know in such situations it's helpful to say something
like this instead, "Ya this topic was discussed a few months ago and the
outcome was XYZ and So and So started the thread, or the thread title was
BLA"  Now reading something like that in the archive does wonders towards
directing further research!

I also think a simple Telco <-> Computer Networking translation guide might
help some people with the new language of telco.

Just some of my observations.

-Andrew