[Asterisk-Users] Cisco DTMF Issue

Josh J. Zuerner josh at jzconsulting.com
Thu Nov 20 04:13:47 MST 2003

We're having an issue with connecting a Cisco ITS installation to * such that DTMF tones are passed to *.  DTMF tones aren't passed to voicemail or to any of the interfaces behind *.

On the Cisco Side:

dial-peer voice 8 voip
 destination-pattern 9999$
 session protocol sipv2
 session target ipv4:172.16.1.249
 session transport udp
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte
 codec g711ulaw
 no vad

We have also tried using rtp payload-type nte to adjust the nte port value to 101 versus 100.  SIP Notify doesn't work, cisco-rtp doesn't work.  I have tried every possible dtmfmode= option [inband, rfc2833, or info] within this SIP device.  Toggling session transport udp, no vad, and the codecs seem to be no use.  I'm frustrated and puzzled.  If anyone can provide some guidance, I'd be very grateful!  We're trying to get this up and running this morning.

Josh