[Asterisk-Users] FAQ, Documentation, How-to, etc

Dorian Gray asterisk at tintar.com
Wed Nov 19 20:58:19 MST 2003

Rich Adamson wrote:
> For those that have actually read this far, please express your honest opinion
> as they're truly are some people lurking that want to learn and can impact
> the negativity that is so common on this list.

I'd say that James and Olle have done one hell of a job on the wiki
site. so much wonderful info is up there already; and if something's
not, it goes up there even as people are discussing it on the list.

cheers to all who've contributed their knowledge, and cheers to those
who've organized it!

most of what I needed to know to get up and running, I found from or
through the wiki site. the rest of it came from searching the user and
dev lists, naturally.

I can see that it becomes repetitious and even burdensome when totally
new users come in asking the same things day after day. but not everyone
is as good at digging up information, so it only makes sense to codify
and centralize it.

if there's to be some official FAQ, why could its URL not simply be
added to the ML's standard sig that comes on every message? and if not...
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk is all I have to say.

++dg