[Asterisk-Users] Service codes for MGCP channels

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Wed Nov 19 11:25:48 MST 2003

On Wednesday 19 November 2003 10:11, John Todd wrote:
> >after testing with a MGCP phone (Swissvoice ip10s) I found the
> > following ASTERISK-based codes (VERTICAL SERVICE CODES) to work -
> > I assume that most of those will also work with SIP, but haven't
> > checked that yet:
> >
> >*67 - Calling Number Delivery Blocking
> >*70 - Cancel Call Waiting
> >*72 - Call Forwarding Activation
> >*73 - Call Forwarding Deactivation
> >*78 - Do Not Disturb Activation
> >*79 - Do Not Disturb Deactivation
> >*8 - Call pick-up
> ># - Transfer
> >
> >Questions:
> >- how can I enable "Calling Number Delivery"? *65 doesn't seem to
> > do the trick:
> >- how can I enable "Call Waiting" after having it disabled via
> > *70?
>
> No, these do not work with SIP, and there is currently a request to
> remove that functionality from the MGCP and Zap channels, since
> this type of feature should be (IMHO) in the dialplan and not built
> into the channel.  (What if I want to use *70 for something else?
> How do I read the status of Do Not Disturb, since this is embedded
> in the channel?)

You're going to be waiting an awful long time, then, because call
features are not going to be removed from the zap channel.  Instead,
they will be added to more channels.  What _will_ be happening in the
future, however, is the ability to customize the codes (in both a
global, as well as a channel-type-specific way) used to invoke call
features.

Mark has been very emphatic about call features not belonging in the
dialplan.

-Tilghman