[Asterisk-Users] GoTo or Dial in AGI??

WipeOut wipe_out at onetel.com
Wed Nov 19 10:50:44 MST 2003

I have two possible senarios for making a call from an AGI..

Senario1 - Using GoTo
In the extensions.conf I have..
[dial-out]
exten => _9.,1,AGI(myagi)
exten => _9.,2,Dial(SIP/blah/${EXTEN:1})

In the AGI I have..
EXEC GoTo dial-out|9555678|2

So using this method I don't have to really edit the AGI ever if I
change the dialplan around as long at the context is correct.. At the
end of the AGI it passes the call off to the specified
context/extension/priority.. This way the console reports when the AGI
script has completed and the return code..

Senario2 - Using Dial
In the extensions.conf I have..
[dial-out]
exten => _9.,1,AGI(myagi)

In the AGI I have..
EXEC Dial SIP|blah|9555678

Using this method I don't have to change the dialplan but do have to
edit the AGI script if somthing changes.. The AGI initiates the Dial
command directly.. This way there is no detail that the script has ended
on the console..

So from those who have expereince with AGI, which would you suggest as
the best method to use and why? Have I missed somthing critical that
would make either of these methods a bad idea?

Thanks..

Later..