[Asterisk-Users] FXO card still won't pick up...

Matt Lawson matt at 1control.com
Wed Nov 19 10:20:20 MST 2003

I recently updated (fresh checkout) to the newest zaptel and Asterisk.
 The one I was using before was a couple of months old.

After updating, my zap channels don't work.  They won't pick up incoming
calls or dial out.  When I try to dial out I get:

    -- Executing Dial("SIP/3064-564c", "Zap/g1/ww954.......") in new stack
NOTICE[245776]: File app_dial.c, Line 698 (dial_exec): Unable to create
channel of type 'Zap'
  == Everyone is busy at this time

When I try to call in, usually nothing happens.  One time it answered
and Asterisk acted like it was going through the dial plan steps, but on
the phone I never heard anything.  It just hung up immediately.  After a
couple more seconds Asterisk noticed the hangup and stopped its dial plan.

chan_zap.so loads OK, and I can do this:

*CLI> zap show channels
Chan. Num. Extension  Context    Language   MusicOnH
  1            incoming31 en
  2            incoming31 en

Here's an exceprt from when Asterisk starts:

 [chan_local.so] => (Local Proxy
Channel)

 == Registered channel type 'Local' (Local Proxy Channel
Driver)

[chan_phone.so] => (Linux Telephony API
Support)

 == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/phone.conf':
Found

== Registered channel type 'Phone' (Standard Linux Telephony API
Driver)
[chan_oss.so] => (OSS Console Channel
Driver)

 == Console is full
duplex

== Registered channel type 'Console' (OSS Console Channel
Driver)

== Parsing '/etc/asterisk/oss.conf': Not found (No such file or
directory)
[chan_zap.so] => (Zapata Telephony
w/PRI)

== Parsing '/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf':
Found

DEBUG[16384]: File chan_zap.c, Line 1043 (update_conf): Updated
conferencing on 1, with 0 conference
users
-- Registered channel 1, FXS Kewlstart
signalling

DEBUG[16384]: File chan_zap.c, Line 1043 (update_conf): Updated
conferencing on 2, with 0 conference
users
-- Registered channel 2, FXS Kewlstart
signalling

== Registered channel type 'Zap' (Zapata Telephony Driver
w/PRI)

== Registered channel type 'Tor' (Zapata Telephony Driver
w/PRI)

 == Registered application
'CallingPres'

 -- Registered to '172.16.0.1', who sees us as
172.16.255.157:4569

WARNING[147466]: File chan_oss.c, Line 238 (sound_thread): Read error on
sound device: Resource temporarily unavailable
[pbx_config.so] => (Text Extension Configuration)

ZTCFG seems OK:

# ./ztcfg -vvv

Zaptel Configuration
======================

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 02: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 02)

2 channels configured.

Zaptel.conf is blank.  Zapata.conf follows.  These were the same way
when the older version was working:

# cat zapata.conf
[channels]
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echocancel=yes
stripmsd=1
callerid=asreceived
language=en
context=incoming3121
signalling=fxs_ks
rxgain=3.0
txgain=0.0
usecallerid=yes
group=1
channel=1

echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echocancel=yes
stripmsd=1
usecallerid=no
callwaiting=no
callerid="intercom" <9876543210>
context=incoming3130
language=en
signalling=fxs_ks
group=1
channel=2

So, I'm wondering.

1.  What other diagnostic steps can I do to narrow this down?
2.  What flags/switches in Asterisk or Zaptel could be causing this,
particularly if they've changed recently?
3.  Is there a 'how to diagnose zap problems' guide anywhere?

Thanks.

- Matt