[Asterisk-Users] How to configure G.729 on Asterisk

Constantin Jiga constantin.jiga at onlinehome.de
Wed Nov 19 04:27:21 MST 2003

Hi all,

I have an Asterisk installed and I'm using this one only to playback
announcements for incoming SIP calls at this moment. These SIP users are
registered on another SIP server and not on Asterisk. I'm able to do calls
using G711 alaw and ulaw, but I didnt succeed to have something played for
G729 or G723.1. I know that I need license for G729, but I saw some emails
here that specifies being possible to configure G729 even without license(no
one said how to do that). Defintely I'll buy the license for that if the
interworking with the SIP server is working.

Is here someone that is using currently G729 codec? How is this configured
under SIP?

Thanks,
Constantin