[Asterisk-Users] Low Volume X100P

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Nov 18 19:18:13 MST 2003

> > Is it enough to just unplug the phones? or do I need to actually remove
> > all physical connectors/interfaces from the line and run the line
> > directly from the DMARC to the X101P line in port?
>
> Don't piss around; connect the X101P directly to the demarc with NOTHING
> else connected.  If that works, connect the other extensions one at a time
> until the problem comes back.

Suggest using some very basic troubleshooting techniques...

Unplug all the phones; did it help or not?

If not, disconnect the extra wiring; did that help or not?

If you are real sure there is nothing more between your * machine and
the demarc, then call the telco (or your favorite service person that
has the tools and knowledge to actually test what's left).

It might even be worth your while to simply move the * machine next
to the demarc, and connect it directly to the demarc (with no other cabling
involved whatsoever) and eval the difference.

Then, to help others understand the issues, report back to the list exactly
what fixed the problem (assuming something realistic solved the problem)
so that others can gain an understanding of unusual things impacting this
stuff.