[Asterisk-Users] 3Com NBX phones

Clif Jones ctjones at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 18 14:06:48 MST 2003

We still have a few of the 3com phones in use at our company but we do
not support them with our
SIP products.  The 3com phone was meant to be a PBX feature phone as you
stated and as a result
the flash ROM and RAM was not beefy enough to support the SIP protocol
as it matured.  The last
ROM update we got before they pulled the plug was still an old pre 3261
bis standard which has problems
with voicemail and other centrex like features.  The sad part is that
the phone HW had a good speakerphone
and booted faster than any other phone that we have tested (about 2
seconds).