[Asterisk-Users] 3Com NBX phones

Steve Totaro stotaro at seepu.com
Mon Nov 17 16:16:48 MST 2003

3com made a phone that supported SIP but was discontinued.  From what I have
heard, the hardware was exactly the same, just a different BIOS.  I would
like to try or hear of someone trying to flash an NBX phone into a SIP
phone.

Here is a link to one that sold on Ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3057972164&category=11909

We use an NBX here in my office and the business phones are great.

No worry though, 3com's new product VCX7000 (
http://drs.yahoo.com/S=2766679/K=3com+vcx/v=2/SID=e/l=WS1/R=1/H=0/*-http://www.3comvcx.net/ )
line is basically going to be an Asterisk system (plus a large fortune) and
will even run Linux (NBX runs VxWorks)  Work off of SIP and the phones
should be one step up from the current ones.  I am sure they will attempt to
make everything proprietary but going the direction of SIP is a very good
sign.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro