[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk GUI Client Released!!!

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Tue Nov 18 13:20:32 MST 2003

Hello,

The reason I used MySQL is for simplicity on the client end, there is a perl
module Net::MySQL that requires no extra libraries to be installed on the
machine, unlike Postgres module, and the Database routines used by this
program are hardly database intensive. It's easy enough to install the
Windows MySQL server in about 5 minutes on a machine somewhere on your
network to test this out if you like. If you don't use the optional call
loggin part of the client then you will probably never have more than 200
records in the MySQL database at any given time.

You can even run this on the same machine you are running PostgreSQL if you
like, the processor usage of the MySQL database machine if it is the only
thing running with 60 astGUIclient computers connected and 2 Asterisk
servers updating line records is about 0.2%, and the load average stays at
0.00 and that is on a PII 450. It would hardly hurt the performance of any
machine you put it on. I use PostgreSQL on the backend of our company's
financial transactional system (1 million+ transactions per week) and I love
it(can't wait to see if 7.4 is really any faster:) ), but PGSQL is overkill
for the client app, and the overhead on the client machine
side(libraries/modules or server app middleware) needed to facilitate
PostgreSQL is too much.

Thanks,

MATT---