[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk with External Voicemail

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Nov 18 11:40:12 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 11:56, cveazey at blackhillsfiber.com wrote:
> If anyone could help me with this, I'd appreciate it!
>
> I've got an Asterisk deployment where I'd like to use an existing
> external Octel voicemail system.  I've been trying to define an
> extension that if the call isn't answered in a few rings, to dial our
> external voicemail number.  That voicemail system works by seeing the
> CALLED number and routing the call to the user's answering message.
> The problem is that Asterisk sends the CALLING digits on the outbound
> call and the CALLING party gets the "welcome to Octel" message instead
> of the user's voicemail box.
>
> Is there any way to a variable like ${EXTEN} or ${RDNIS} to "replace"
> the caller ID information with the destination mail box number?
>
> Am I thinking through this the wrong way?

-- show application SetCallerID  --

  -= Info about application 'SetCallerID' =-

[Synopsis]:
  Set CallerID

[Description]:
  SetCallerID(clid[|a]): Set Caller*ID on a call to a new
value.  Sets ANI as well if a flag is used.  Always returns 0

-- show application SetCIDName  --

  -= Info about application 'SetCIDName' =-

[Synopsis]:
  Set CallerID Name

[Description]:
  SetCIDName(cname[|a]): Set Caller*ID Name on a call to a new
value, while preserving the original Caller*ID number.  This is
useful for providing additional information to the called
party. Sets ANI as well if a flag is used.  Always returns 0

-- show application SetCIDNum  --

  -= Info about application 'SetCIDNum' =-

[Synopsis]:
  Set CallerID Number

[Description]:
  SetCIDNum(cnum[|a]): Set Caller*ID Number on a call to a new
value, while preserving the original Caller*ID name.  This is