[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk with External Voicemail

cveazey at blackhillsfiber.com cveazey at blackhillsfiber.com
Tue Nov 18 10:56:59 MST 2003

If anyone could help me with this, I'd appreciate it!

I've got an Asterisk deployment where I'd like to use an existing external
Octel voicemail system.  I've been trying to define an extension that if
the call isn't answered in a few rings, to dial our external voicemail
number.  That voicemail system works by seeing the CALLED number and
routing the call to the user's answering message.  The problem is that
Asterisk sends the CALLING digits on the outbound call and the CALLING
party gets the "welcome to Octel" message instead of the user's voicemail
box.

Is there any way to a variable like ${EXTEN} or ${RDNIS} to "replace" the
caller ID information with the destination mail box number?

Am I thinking through this the wrong way?

Thanks!

Chris Veazey