[Asterisk-Users] PBX (Asterisk) <-> Cellular Phone Network

Andrew Nelson nelsonab at pobox.com
Tue Nov 18 01:35:12 MST 2003

Maybe someone here has found a good solution to this problem.

I voulenteer with a local Search And Rescue unit and I was speaking with the
senior members about how they interface the command trailer PBX with the PSTN
or cellular networks when they are on scene at a remote location.  Turns out
they don't.  Thus that got me to thinking about how one would get Asterisk to
interface with a cell phone directly, or what hardware out there works well
for the task.  I have managed to figure out how to make my Motorola StarTAC
make outgoing voice calls for instance and making an interface for this phone
should be quite possible, but it would be nice to have incoming phone calls
too.  I know there are many companies out there which make such producs, and
that a Google search can yield many results, I want thoughts and opinions,
stuff which Google suks at.

Thanks!

-Andrew