[Asterisk-Users] VOIP phonesets vs. cheap Analog touch-tone sets with Asterisk

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Nov 17 20:34:45 MST 2003

> It's probably a lot less powerful than the crack you're smoking.  He
> covered the eBay base.  Just in case you missed it:  If the customer is
> uncomfortable with eBay.  If the customer is uncomfortable with eBay.
> If the customer is uncomfortable with eBay.

Yes, someone else already let me know I am incapable of reading tonight.  I
apologize.

> Surprise, people.  While geeks may be all in favor of used equipment
> (and yes, most of it is probably no worse than new equipment), there are
> many customers who are uncomfortable with buying used equipment,
> probably because many of them have gotten burned in the past.  Given
> that you're selling the equipment, not providing an in-house service,
> customers may be much happier if you sell them new manufactured goods.
> Caveat emptor, as they say.

Perhaps, but I've purchased well over USD$80k of equipment (mostly telco) on
eBay for companies.   For the savings I get I usually have an extra on hand
to swap out in case of trouble.  I've only been burned once, a long long
time ago.  I do see your point though.  I consider that a stupidity/
overcautious tax, though.  :-)

Regards,
Andrew