[Asterisk-Users] Transfer directly to voicemail?

WipeOut wipe_out at onetel.com
Mon Nov 17 08:48:54 MST 2003

daryl at introspect.net wrote:

>Does anyone have a setup (or am I missing a simple thing here) to
>transfer a caller directly to someone voicemail?  Example: I receive a
>call, the caller wants to speak with x, who I know is not in the office.
>Other than transferring them to x's extension, which rings to timeout
>and then picks up voicemail, can I transfer right into voicemail?
>
>I am using all SIP phones in my setup (7960s).
>Thanks,
>Daryl

You could setup something like..

If your extensions are setup..
exten => 123,1,Dial...
exten => 123,102,Voicemail...
exten => 123,2,Voicemail...

Then a line like..

exten => _*.,1,goto(${exten:1},2) ; In other words goto priority 2 of
the dialed exten

Would allow you to dial *123 and go directly to the voicemail box.. (if
you use this check the syntax cos I typed it off the top of my head also
make sure it fits into your dial plan.)..

Later..