[Asterisk-Users] Transfer directly to voicemail?

David Gomillion dgomillion at eyecarenow.com
Mon Nov 17 08:42:24 MST 2003

What I have done is created a separate set of extensions for just this
scenario.

I don't have my * box on the network right now (long story, and not very
interesting), but the configs were pretty easy.  I have extension X be
my phone, and X+1 be a direct voicemail extension.  All odd extensions
are people, all even extensions are queues or vm extensions.

Look at your statement for transferring to VM if it times out on your
extension.  Copy that statement ('cause I like to have my unavailable
message used) as first on the VM extension.