[Asterisk-Users] FXO Cards in Australia

Mon Nov 17 05:53:34 MST 2003

> You mentioned echo problems with the NetJet cards. Is this still the
> case or was it last time you tried that it that had echo
> problems? I did
> a Google search and didn't find much on the echo problems with them.

Yes, echo problems do still exist, I would suggest testing it before
going live.

A couple of points to note:
1) Using soft phones seems to compound the issue
2) A faster CPU seems to help (I upgraded from a PII300 to a Athlon
2200)
3) When dialling in/out over the ISDN DTMF won't work (at least I
haven't seen the patch which purportedly allows it to work) when you use
the isdn4linux patch.
4) Without the above kernel patch you will hear DTMF tones instead of
the other persons voice when they talk. They don't hear the tones or
notice anything wrong.

In short, if you can live with the above problems, then you can get away
with it, from what I know now, I would suggest getting a chan_capi
capable device, though I haven't tried that yet.

I am about to switch from a netjet card to a TE4xxP card as soon as
possible, I have a OnRamp 10 being installed tomorrow. This is largely
to increase the number of incoming lines, but partly to resolve the
above issues, and also partly to try to resolve long running reliability
issues which may in fact be related to the TDM400P anyway. In which case
I will be looking for a T1 channel bank some time soon :(

PS, I have a brand new Traverse Netjet card available (it was to be used
for a dial-up ISDN internet account) which is no longer needed.

Regards,
Adam