[Asterisk-Users] Jitter Buffer on chan_sip

TeleSIP ricvil at telesip.net
Sat Nov 15 14:15:57 MST 2003

Mark,

So far we have been unable to determine how to set the "jitterbuffers"
parameter in zapata.conf.  We can guess that it represents a multiple of
"bytes" of memory be we are unsure.  We have tried to set it to a value of
"1000" and it makes communication impossible on the zap side.  The zap side
(X100P) can barely hear what somebody on a SIP Phone is saying.  Sound is
all chopped up.

If we set it to "30" then it seems to work ok but we don't know if its
really doing anything.

Can you please share with us how this "jitterbuffers" parameter works and
what methodology we can use to "tune" it properly?

Thanks,
Andres.