[Asterisk-Users] iax configuration

mukta vasudeva reachtomukta at yahoo.co.in
Thu Nov 13 22:36:25 MST 2003

Hi,
I have configured 3 users in my iax.conf, i am using iaxcomm phones. Iaxcomm has excellent voice quality although there is no ringing tones(either ring back or ringing tone),but i can live without right now.
I find that for each user i want registered i have to add his name and his ip address.I have been using "host = dynamic".Isnt there any way that i can define a dialmap such as _7XXX and all users can then be registered with the server and get allocated the their individual numbers by the server.(till now i define the numbers with callerid field). i need to do this so that i can add 15+ users without having to add each individually.
what would be the entry inthe iax.conf for this?
something like:
[_7XX]
type=friend
host=dynamic
auth=plaintext
secret=bla          /*all phoens would have the same usrname & passwrd

and in extensions.conf, i would just have to use something like the following:
exten => _7XX,1,Dial(IAX/_7XX/s,100,r)

thanx
Mukta

Yahoo! India Mobile: Ringtones, Wallpapers, Picture Messages and more.Download now.