[Asterisk-Users] Global configuration question

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Thu Nov 13 13:12:25 MST 2003

> What hardware should I use for the telephones ? IP Phones seam too
> expensive and I'm sure they do a lot of things that are not needed in
> Asterisk context...

We've been using dlink dph-100, snom 100 and grandstream budgetone 100.
We've ditched the dlink phones, as they're too unreliable (probably
hardware problem - tried several software versions). We're using snom
100 phones for the management and sales staff, and budgettone (or
barbietone, as someone on irc just called it :) for the tech people.
this works well, and as the grandstream phones sell for $65 a piece, I
can't really see the big point of not going this way. If you want to
use analog phones, you'll need a channel bank (or two) and an extra
T100P card (or two - or a TE410P). This is probably not the cheapest
way to go - I'd recommend the grandstream phones. We're using it all on
the same network as video streaming (both unicast and multicast) with
el cheapo managed dlink switches, and it works flawlessly :)

roy