[Asterisk-Users] Global configuration question

David Carr asterisk at akstontechnologies.com
Wed Nov 12 14:36:25 MST 2003

Not to incite a flame war, but the only phone I like is the Cisco 7960. If
you look hard enough you can find them off-lease for around $235 with a
power brick. Cisco just came out with some new firmware that adds features
previously sorely missed (like call forwarding). Once you get used to being
able to search the company directory, get weather information, and pull up
stock quotes all from the handset you will never want to go back. This
assumes you know how to have a little fun with xml but fun it is.

Take my advice cautiously though because the only other IP phone I have
experience with is the Grandstream BudgetTone which I regret ever
purchasing. If you really want to go cheap, buy a $200 channel bank on ebay
and put in analog phones.