[Asterisk-Users] CVS repository changes

Thorsten Lockert tholo at sigmasoft.com
Thu Nov 13 08:58:39 MST 2003

So, the CVS repository has been redone, like we said a couple of weeks ago.
This means that some modules will have to be checked out fresh -- just doing
"cvs update" (or "make update") will *NOT* work.  The modules in question
are:

	asterisk
	gastman
	gnophone
	libpri
	zapata
	zaptel

The only other notable difference for the time being is that you will be
able to check out previous releases by symbolic tag, e.g. you can now get
Asterisk 0.5.0 by doing "cvs checkout -r v0-5-0 asterisk".  We also have a
bit more history for the modules listed above, from before the loss of the
CVS repository.  This history is reconstructed from the FTP releases, so the
granularity is not the same as for more recent changes.

Going forward, we also expect to start using branches for major releases,
with bugfixes only on these branches and so forth.

Thorsten