[Asterisk-Users] how to interconnect gnugk and asterisk?

Max Tulyev maxtul at nline.ru
Thu Nov 13 08:05:34 MST 2003

В сообщении от 13 Ноябрь 2003 16:59 Christoph Lechleitner написал:

> We are trying to interconnect an asterisk installation with a gnugk 2.0.5
> installation to become able to use some H323 hardware that needs a
> gatekeeper (particulary an Ericsson WebSwitch 100).
>
> We have managed asterisk to dial H323 endpoints successfully (although
> calls are interrupted immediately after connection with "spawn extension
> exited non-zero"),  but we could not manage gnugk to "dial" to asterisk.
>
> What I am confused most about is, what asterisk is for the gatekeeper:
> An Endpoint? A Gateway? A Neighbour?
>
> Further, asterisk seems to use "root" as H323 ID and I could not find out
> how to change that.
>
> Any help appreciated, working h323.conf/gnugk.ini would be perfect.

In gnugk.ini I describe a peer:

[RasSrv::PermanentEndpoints]
10.253.1.253=ASTERISK;4117

In asterisk's h323.conf:

disallow=all
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw

(yes, I can't use anything different from G.711, and also if I write down
allow=all here all calls fail).

gatekeeper = disable
AllowGKRouted = yes

[harbour]
type=peer
context=default
host=10.253.1.254

(there host is host running gnugk)

and that's all! When somebody reaches gnugk with call to 4117, it is routed to
* and inside * correctly routed as I wish (as I describe in extensions.conf
for 4117).

BUT! I can't do calls from * to gnugk with mysterious error "not enough
bandwidth"

Maybe you can share your configs too? I'm interesing in h323.conf, sip.conf
and extensions.conf.

--
С Уважением,
Максим Тульев (MT6561-RIPE, 2:463/253 at FIDO)