[Asterisk-Users] how to interconnect gnugk and asterisk?

Christoph Lechleitner lech at ibcl.at
Thu Nov 13 06:59:26 MST 2003

Hello folks.

We are trying to interconnect an asterisk installation with a gnugk 2.0.5
installation to become able to use some H323 hardware that needs a gatekeeper
(particulary an Ericsson WebSwitch 100).

We have managed asterisk to dial H323 endpoints successfully (although calls
are interrupted immediately after connection with "spawn extension exited
non-zero"),  but we could not manage gnugk to "dial" to asterisk.

What I am confused most about is, what asterisk is for the gatekeeper:
An Endpoint? A Gateway? A Neighbour?

Further, asterisk seems to use "root" as H323 ID and I could not find out how
to change that.

Any help appreciated, working h323.conf/gnugk.ini would be perfect.

kr

Christoph Lechleitner