[Asterisk-Users] Re: SoftFax question

Freddi Hansen fh at danovation.dk
Thu Nov 13 00:24:22 MST 2003

Thanks Steve and you other guys for your help.
I hope the quality of the other stuff I did yesterday is better
than my search for 'fax extension' (a bit embarrassed)
Freddi

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Freddi Hansen wrote:

>> Hi,
>> I am looking at using the softfax that Steve Underwood has developed.
>> It's very straight forward when you assign an extension for the fax.
>> A function that several pbx's has is that they listen for the 'faxtone'
>> for 5 seconds
>> after 'answer' in the menu where you can enter your local extension
>> number,
>> it's normally done in parallel with the DTMF detection.  I think that

<snip>

You want a fax extension:

exten=>fax,1,Blah()

A google for 'fax extension' turns up the announcement of this feature
here:
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2002-October/005414.html